Monday, April 6, 2009

Good news!

I had an appointment with Dr. Rege (radiation doc) last week. It had been postponed because I hadn't had my mammogram yet. I finally got it and they said it was as normal as could be expected considering what I'd been through. Interpretation: Great! Dr. Rege gave me a clean bill of health, too! Yea! See her next year! Dr. Chenal (chemo dr.) is next - I'm supposed to see him in a few weeks.

Dr. Rege said that the infection I got a week ago was a common occurence for folks like me (who also have rosacea - bright red checks) and who go through radiation. She said the peeling hands (again!) are a side effect of the chemo. Oh, and she said that I had a mammogram instead of ultrasound because ultrasounds are for those who "feel a lump." Everyone else gets mammograms........

5 comments:

Mary said...

Hip Hip Hurray!!!! Glad to hear Great News!!!

Sleepless In St. George said...

Yeah! I'll continue the prayers!

Lisa said...

Thank you, thank you!!!

Janell said...

congratulations!!!

kathytarullo said...

Yea! That is good news! There is light at the end of the tunnel.