Tuesday, October 27, 2009

i'm up

Got back a few hours ago from the pre-op stuff for Thursday. That will be my new surgery date. I had to have some blood work done and sign papers and talk with the nurses and anesthesiologist. He showed me pictures of my brain. It sounds like they do a lot of my surgeries there and I will be in ICU for a day or so.

I almost cried when he asked if I had pain on my left side. I DO. It's my hip and I'm afraid that I'll break it like I did my right arm. He said that the cancer pressing on the brain is causing the pain. mmmmm, that rhymes.

They will definitely be cutting off my hair in back. Well. It's done its part, I guess. He hopes they won't get air into the brain, so they will have me facing down and forward some to prevent that. My broken arm will be up against my side. Supposedly there isn't much pain with brain surgery - the scalp is all. I just want it all to be over with.

3 comments:

Carol Hansen said...

Lisa,you're in my thoughts and prayers continually. I will fast and pray that your surgery goes well on Thirsday. May the Lord bless you and angels attend you.

Love and Hugs,

Carol Hansen

Anonymous said...

Lisa you are in our families prayers daily! Good luck with the surgery today! I hope this brain surgery brings you less pain. Love, Sandra Schultz

Anonymous said...

Lisa, We are so glad the surgery went well. We are praying for you everyday! We love and miss you at Kamiakin(especially Johnny)LOL!